Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Housekeeping and a Standing Invitation to Coffee

I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone who's been reading the blog and rooting me on. Your support is very much appreciated! It's been a great experience so far, especially because it forces me to stop and think and crystalize thoughts into words, which is a gift in and of itself.  I look forward to stepping up my game and posting more often in the coming weeks as I finally get into a rhythm of life at St. Thomas' Dupont and on H Street. I'll also try to get a blogroll going and get a more aesthetically pleasing look going on -- that's not my talent, but hopefully I can draft some help to get it rolling.

Secondly, if you know anyone who lives on H Street, or you are someone who lives on H Street, I would like to talk with you. I've been working on meeting people for individual conversations to see what the hopes and fears and dreams and joys are for those who live in this neighborhood, whether they've been here for six weeks, six months, six years, or longer. I'm working to figure out what sort of shape my community work here will take, and in order to do that, I need to meet as many different people as possible. So, if you know someone, or you would like to meet with me to share your story, you can message me on Facebook (Becky Zartman) send me a tweet at @Becky_Zartman, Google+ me at +BeckyZartman, or fill out the prayer request form on the side of the blog. This is a standing invitation as long as this post is up, so no matter if it's a few months from now. I still want to meet you, so send me a message. I'm open to coffee or drinks somewhere near H Street. 

Thanks again, everyone. I'm looking forward to a great 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment